This is the wisdom key God gave me this morning when I was meditating on the train with Joshua 24:1-29. When Joshua accomplished God’s purpose for his live by leading the children of Israel into the Promised Land, he died at age 110.
When I read the last word of vs. 29, then the Spirit of the Lord told me “God does not keep irrelevant people alive”
And I exclaimed in my spirit not understanding what it meant and the Lord showed me the following as explanations;
- How He took Moses’ life after Moses accomplished his assignment to take the children of Israel out of Egypt as assigned him by Jehovah in Exodus 3:10 Know that Moses was not a failure, he achieved the exact assignment he was given.
- Life of David and how God took his life after he had accomplished God’s purpose for his generation.
- Aaron died after fulfilling his God given job. The garment of his office was taken from him and given to his son Eleazar
- Paul, the persecutor of the disciples was still functioning in the plan of God though he was destructive to the Lord’s agenda
- Our Lord Jesus had a short 33.5 years (3.5 years in ministry) on earth but He was excellently effective and purposeful with no other man to compare to His success and impact. Today, Jesus Christ is a global name, whether you love Him or hate Him. I believe He did not spend even a minute of idle time on earth after He accomplished God’s purpose for His life. He said, gallantly, it is finished.
Who is a relevant person to God?
Let us understand that people are not ONLY relevant to God when they are doing the work of God as a pastor, apostle, prophet, evangelist, teacher etc. One may be a sinner by every definition but still relevant to God’s plan. One may be in business and be fulfilling God’s purpose for his life. His assignment may be to finance the work of God e.g. church building, give huge tithes and offerings, take care of the poor etc. One may be a teacher, cleaner, engineer as God directed them to be and be relevant to God. God ministers His plans to people through various ways; dreams, visions, passionate desires when we are asleep etc. Job 33:14-17 (NJKV)
Paul was a notorious murderer, tirelessly persecuting the workers of God but he was still very relevant to God’s plan in globalizing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And Jesus finally arrested him on his way to Damascus to wreak more havoc to Jesus’s mission.
Afterwards, Paul suffered many things. He was BEATEN OPENLY, but he did not die. “Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep”
Additional evidences that a sinner, atheist, pagan, may still be in the plans of God
Paul in his evil days as persecutor of God’s people, was clearly relevant to God and the following examples are also noteworthy;
- God himself hardened Pharaoh’s heart so He could use him to achieve His purpose. To display his might for the world to know the power of God
- Evangelist Jonah was kept in the belly of the big whale to preserve him to do God’s will
- The harlot Rahab, though a prostitute was very relevant to God
This title “God does not keep irrelevant people alive” is one reason why good people die and we cry, not knowing what God is doing. He may have accomplished God’s plan for him and hence become “irrelevant” for further work.
I am convinced that discovering God’s purpose for one’s life is the first task that every man/woman should accomplish.
I give you this free prayer points which I think every man/woman should pray;
1. O Lord, what is your purpose for my life, in my family, generation, nation, church etc.
2. O Lord let my life profit you. O Lord, whatever you have prepared for me before I was born, prepare me for it
3. O Lord God, show me your ways and paths and lead me into your perfect will in Jesus name.