Do we know when Jesus will come? It’s been 2015 long years since?.
Jesus has told me to speak the word of salvation for many to come to him for there is no time. He is not coming again to die but to judge and to reward every man according to his/her works. I know for sure, he will come, not that I believe, NO!
When will God answer that prayer, Fulfill that promise He has personally made to me regarding my finances? He told me he would bless me with money and those that envy me now will envy me more? Yes He has promised me issues regarding my ministry and He is fast fulfilling them? This blog is the evidence. Will he fulfill His promise to me? YES! Without breathing the answer is capital YES!
Lets see what’s the meaning of the word predictable. According to Dictionary Reverso.net , predictable: means anticipated, calculable, certain, expected, foreseeable, foreseen, likely, on the cards, reliable, sure, sure-fire (informal). Antonyms of the word predictable are; out of the blue, surprising, unexpected, unforeseen, unlikely, unpredictable.
In my experience with God, it gets to a time when all bets are off (meaning a situation no longer certain). Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. 17If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. 18But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.” The three globally celebrated faith guys (Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego) just made a pronouncement on the unpredictability of God in verse 18.
There a certain issues that you can’t get wrong with God; praise, worship, thanksgiving, adoration. Against these there is no law and uncertainty with God. In one of my recent encounters with the Lord, He told me to praise, worship, and thank Him more when I rise up at night praying. This key surely moves God. It’s working for me with certainty. Why don’t you also adopt this sure key?
- He wants us to seek Him and know him and love Him. God said “I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me” Proverbs 8:17 (NKJV) In John also God said “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart”Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV) For thus says the Lord to the house of Israel: “Seek Me and live” Amos 5:4 (NKJV)
- Serve Him, Exodus 8:1 and Worship Him.
- Praise him, and thank Him. Psalms 100:4 (NKJV) Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. Luke 17: 17So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? 18Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” 19 And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.” Honest spirit led thanksgiving does not fail. These steps above establish the certainty, and sure nature of God.
Based on personal experience with God, there are times you cannot bet on how, when, who, where God is going to move on a particular matter. There are many occasions that God has moved or acted in a way that shocked me and others. I must state that the unpredictability is NOT whether He will fulfill his promise or not, rather it is often with the HOW, WHEN, WHO, WHERE etc. This calls for faith.
I think the mix of predictability and unpredictability of God makes Him God. If he was a simple 1+1=2, we would not need faith to deal with Him.
1.His thinking is far above man’s thinking and His manifestations, his approach to issues or problems are often not the way man expects. Look at Isaiah 55:8 (NKJV) “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “Way” refers to the how, methods, processes, procedures, formulas of God. How man tackles issues is not as God does. There is often a huge gap. I have on too many occasions not been able to calculate God; his steps, his commas, his full stops. David whom God described as the man after His own heart prayed this prayer “Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths” Psalms 25:4 (NKJV)
This prayer point means that even David does not know the moves, the ways, the methods, the bush paths of God hence he prayed and asked to be shown. If I know His ways, paths, methods, manifestations, God will be closed to being predictable to me. Feels good I am praying the same prayer points as the man after God’s own heart, David.
Apart from the prayer point show me your ways and paths, I also pray, O Lord, show me your timings, schedules, seasons for my life and ministry. May I not miss your timings and seasons for my life for a second in Jesus name.faith
Don’t forget Moses enjoyed a special favour when it comes to knowing the ways of God. Look at this, “He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel” Psalms 103:7 (NKJV)
- His timing is not our timing. God appears to have his own measure of time and not often bound by the world’s measure of time or calendar. Whilst the world talks about → Gregorian calendar → Jewish calendar → Julian calendar → Revolutionary calendar → Roman calendar. He often does not respect or is not bound by our way of measuring time. Example : one day is a thousand years before God and vice versa( i.e. a scale of 1 day=1,000years). This reminds me of my Geography lessons at the Senior secondary level with the topic Map Work. “But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day” II Peter 3:8 (NKJV).
Is it familiar to hear ultimatums to God that if He didn’t do this or that by so so and so time….e g give her a husband by end of the year, she would not come to church again? A lady said years ago that if God did not give her a husband by end of year, she would marry an Alhaji even if he had six wives already. Interestingly, God was not moved by that threat. Similarly, my faith is lifted up when the case of a 45 year old woman got wedded for the first time a few weeks ago in Ashaiman, near Accra Ghana. I have said that I need to meet this woman personally and learn lessons from her how she waited and endured single life for 45 years.
- God is longsuffering, patient, and loves the sinner though He hates the sin. When you see an obvious evil going on e.g. corruption, killings, stealing, destructions, prostitution, envy, armed robbery, jealousy, rejection of God (atheism), it is unpredictable as to when and how God would move in and crack the whip to bring justice but surely he will do at his own time and in his own sovereign way and style.
At times he waits for the sinner to repent and receive pardon. David says “Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass” Psalms 37:7 (NKJV). Jeremiah expressed his frustration at God’s patient endurance for the wicked and he says “Righteous are You, O Lord, when I plead with You; Yet let me talk with You about Your judgments. Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why are those happy who deal so treacherously?” Jeremiah 12:1 (NKJV) it is clear God is unpredictable when he will destroy the wicked but let’s rest assured.
If not for this long suffering patience of God, I would have been crushed long ago and my repentance and redemption would not have seen the light of day, let alone my coming into the high calling of God. My God is predictable and unpredictable. This calls for faith walk. This is why no matter how anointed a man is, he still needs faith to walk with God because God is not always predictable. Elijah prayed by faith and sent out his assistant pastor seven times to check the horizon for evidence of answered prayer i.e. clouds.